Orthodontic Treatment in East China & New Baltimore Areas for Your Teen
During your child’s teenage years, orthodontic treatment not only improves the heath of the teeth and jaws but can significantly improve self esteem. At Brieden Orthodontics, we offer various orthodontic treatments designed just for your teen using the latest and most advanced orthodontic technology. Dr. Brieden and his friendly staff make it their goal to ensure that our teenage patients receive the best orthodontic treatment for a smile they deserve!
WHY SHOULD MY TEEN SEE AN ORTHODONTIST?
Adolescence is the ideal time to undergo orthodontic treatment for the following reasons:
- The permanent teeth have come in. During adolescence, the primary teeth have all been replaced with permanent teeth. This is when Dr. Brieden can correct common problems like incorrect bites, poor tooth spacing and misalignment of the teeth.
- Orthodontic problems are easier to treat. Because the bones of the face and jaw are still developing during adolescence, it is easier to treat orthodontic problems during this stage in life due to rapid bone growth. Once the bones in the face and jaw are done developing, many orthodontic problems become more difficult and costly to treat.
- Wearing braces during adolescence is common. Because so many teenagers wear braces, it’s very likely that your teen will see classmates and friends at our practice. Once your teenager is finished with treatment, the healthy and attractive smile they have achieved will be one they can enjoy for the rest of their life.
EAST CHINA & NEW BALTIMORE ORTHODONTIC TREATMENTS
When your teen comes in for their first visit with Dr. Brieden, photos and x-rays will be taken of your teen’s mouth to better diagnose orthodontic issues. Issues from crooked teeth or misalignment of the bite can cause speech impediments or difficulty in eating or speaking. Once the diagnostic records are evaluated and Dr. Brieden has done a thorough evauluation, he will discuss your teen’s orthodontic needs and create a customized plan that may involve the following treatment methods:
- Traditional metal braces: Metal braces are the most common and popular type of orthodontic appliances that involve the use of metal brackets and wires to straighten teeth. Today’s modern metal braces are less bulky, more comfortable and more attractive than the metal braces used in the past.
- Clear braces: These braces are similar to their metal counterparts but the brackets are made of a translucent ceramic material.
- Clear aligners: This treatment method uses clear aligners to straighten teeth in a virtually invisible way. The clear aligners are designed to be removable, which means they can be taken out when brushing/flossing teeth and when eating.
HOW LONG WILL MY TEEN’S TREATMENT TAKE?
There is no set answer for that question because the length of treatment is dependent upon what Dr. Brieden needs to do in your teen’s individual situation. Generally speaking, orthodontic treatment lasts anywhere from 6 to 30 months. Once your teen is finished with treatment, he or she will begin the retention phase of treatment. This is when your teen will need to wear a retainer to hold his or her teeth in their new positions.
Visit Our New Baltimore & East China Area Orthodontic Offices
Dr. Brieden is proud to provide top-notch orthodontic care to patients of all ages. With two office locations serving the Macomb County and St. Clair County areas, we make it very convenient to achieve your most remarkable smile! If you’re ready to set up your teen’s first visit with Dr. Brieden, please request an appointment today. We love welcoming new patients to our practice and are excited about meeting you and your teen soon!